Virus Protection Promise includes a virus removal service provided by a Norton expert and comes with a qualifying automatically renewing subscription. Qualifying subscriptions include:
- the latest plans: Norton 360 and Norton 360 with LifeLock plans, as well as Norton AntiVirus Plus;
- some other plans: Norton Security plans, Norton Core Security Plus, Norton Small Business, Norton Internet Security, Norton AntiVirus (original), Norton 360 (original) and Norton 360 Multi-Device (original).
If a Norton expert is unable to remove the virus from your device, you may be entitled to a refund.
The following terms and conditions apply:
- You must have a qualifying automatically renewing subscription;
- Your refund will be based on the actual price paid for the current term of your qualifying subscription. If you have a bundle (a qualifying subscription from NortonLifeLock purchased with either another offering from NortonLifeLock, or a third party offering), your refund will be limited to the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price of only your qualifying subscription for the current term, not to exceed the total bundled price paid. Any refund will be net of any discounts or refunds received and less any shipping, handling and any applicable taxes, except in certain states and countries where shipping, handling and taxes are refundable;
- Norton Core Security Plus:
- If Virus Protection Promise was included as part of a one-year complimentary subscription to Norton Core Security Plus when purchasing Norton Core, there is no refund;
- If you purchased a qualifying subscription and its current term is added to the complimentary Norton Core Security Plus subscription term as part of an upgrade offer, the refund will be based on the actual price paid for the last term of the original qualifying subscription.
- Virus Protection Promise and its refund claims only cover PCs, Mac, Android and/or iOS devices, and do not extend to IoT (Internet of Things) devices, such as, for example, televisions, cameras, thermostats, refrigerators and baby monitors.
- Proof of purchase may be required if the qualifying subscription is purchased from a third-party;
- NortonLifeLock is not responsible for, and the refund DOES NOT apply to any damage(s) incurred as a result of viruses;
- Applicable law or regulation(s) of the country in which the virus removal service will be performed may limit or alter the availability or scope of the Virus Protection Promise.